Things to Avoid
- Baseball caps/hats with a big brim: Large beaks on hat create a barrier between you and your partner that doesn’t allow for any intimacy in your portraits. You can’t kiss, put your faces close together etc. It also creates a large shadow over the top of your eyes. One exception that I approve of is the Indiana Jones style hats that are super popular right now. The brim is short enough for kissing and it can also be used as a prop for a portion of your session.
- Logos: The most distracting thing you can wear. Don’t do it.
- Do NOT wear the EXACT same outfit and/or colour as your partner, it doesn’t create enough contrast between the two bodies so you end up looking like a big blob. You also run the risk of looking like a coordinated 1990’s family photo shoot with the matching tops and bottoms.
- Bright/Neon clothing: Takes away from the environment, all the attention is drawn to your clothing garment rather than your face.
- Bold patterns: Distracting, pull attention away from the emotion and faces, takes away from the environment.